Since when am I a runner?
That’s a question I started asking myself early in 2014. After bouncing the idea around in my head for a few weeks, I decided to start a blog. Read on to learn more about me, and about running in Vancouver, BC!
Why write a blog?
For a few reasons:
1) To document my experiences, the training I’ve done, and the races I’ve run
2) To give myself a chance to reflect on the past – and future – of my running career
3) To share with the people I care about, and help them understand what I’m up to
4) To inspire and motivate other runners – newbies and experienced alike – and become more involved in the worldwide running community
Also, I’ve written race reports about each race I’ve run since beginning this blog. Stop by to read about All My Races!
Who is ‘Bradley on the Run’?
Since you ask, I’m a former non-athlete turned runner and blogger. Here’s a few things you might not know about me:
- I was born & raised in Barrie, Ontario
- I currently live in Vancouver, BC – living here since 2004
- I’m very interested in family history; my background is mostly Scottish, with some Welsh, English, and Scots-Irish thrown in
- New Zealand was home for just over a year (Auckland & Wellington)
- My first race was in 2009 – you can read about it in How It All Began
- I don’t eat meat, but I’m OK with seafood, eggs, and dairy
- Star Wars is by far my favourite movie
- I lived nearly 6 years in Kyoto, Japan – I was teaching English
- My conversational Japanese is pretty much fluent
- I enjoy sharing my running experiences, but I’m actually a pretty private person
What you can do
Subscribe to the blog!
You’ve be notified whenever I post. Just add your email under ‘Subscribe’ in the left-hand column.
Comment on my posts!
I would love to hear what you think of my blog, and about your experiences.
Share with your network!
I appreciate the chance to have a wider social media reach.
If you want to contact me privately, please fill out this form: